This is the privacy notice of Emma Foster Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.
- This is a notice to inform you of my policy about all information that I record about you. It sets out the conditions under which I may process any information that I collect from you, or that you provide to me. It covers information that could identify you (“personal information”) and information that could not. In the context of the law and this notice, “process” means collect, store, transfer, use or otherwise act on information.
- I take seriously the protection of your privacy and confidentiality. All visitors to my website are entitled to know that their personal data will not be used for any purpose unintended by them, and will not accidentally fall into the hands of a third party.
- I undertake to preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide to me.
- My policy complies with UK law accordingly implemented, including that required by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- The law requires me to tell you about your rights and my obligations to you in regards to the processing and control of your personal data. Please read the information provided at knowyourprivacyrights.org.
- I do not share, sell, or disclose to a third party, any information collected through my website.
This Privacy Notice explains what personal data I collect, how I use your personal data, reasons I may need to disclose your personal data to others and how I store your personal data securely. This policy is subject to change, so please check my website on a regular basis.
How the law protects you
Data protection laws state that I am only able to process personal data if I have valid reasons to do so. The reasons I process your personal data include, but are not limited to, your consent, performance of a contract, billing and to contact you.
How do I collect personal data from you?
I receive information about you from you when you use my website, complete forms on my website or in person, if you contact me by phone, email or otherwise.
What type of data do I collect from you?
The personal data that I may collect from you includes your name, address, email address, phone number and payment information. I keep notes in accordance with the law and British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) guidelines. I may also retain records of your queries and correspondence, in the event you contact me.
How do I use your data?
I use information about you in the following ways:
- To process bookings that you have made with me;
- To provide you with products and services;
- To comply with my contractual obligations with you;
- To enable me to review, develop and improve my website and services;
- To provide customer care, including responding to your requests if you contact me with a query;
- To keep track of billing and payments;
- To carry out marketing and statistical analysis;
- To notify you about changes to my website and services;
- To provide you with information about products or services that you request from me or which I feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes; and
- To inform you of service and price changes.
I will keep your personal data for the duration of the period you are a client. I shall retain your data only for as long as necessary in accordance with applicable laws.
Who has access to your personal data?
I do not and never shall sell your personal data to third parties for marketing or advertising purposes.
In preventing the use or processing of your personal data, it may delay or prevent me from fulfilling my contractual obligations to you. It may also mean that I am unable to provide my services.
You have the right to object to my use of your personal data, or ask me to delete it if there is no need for me to keep it.
My Privacy Notice shall be made clear to you at the point of collection of your personal data.
Accessing and updating your data
Please let me know if your information (email address etc) changes.
You have the right to access the information I hold about you. Please email your requests to email@example.com so that I can obtain this information for you.
Links to other sites
Since I do not control other websites, I encourage you to review the privacy policies of any third party sites. Any information that is supplied on these sites is not within my control and I cannot be responsible for their privacy policies and practices.
Where I store your personal data
I follow legal standards to keep digital data password protected and secure. Print data and notes are locked securely in accordance with the law and BACP guidelines.
As the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure, I cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to my site and any transmission is at your own risk. Once I have received your information, I will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
Any sensitive data (payment details, session notes for example) are encrypted and protected.
I agree to take reasonable measures to protect your data in accordance with applicable laws.
In the event of a data breach, I shall ensure that my obligations under applicable data protection laws are complied with where necessary.
Please email any questions or comments you have about privacy to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your right to make a complaint
You have the right to make a complaint about how I process your personal data to the Information Commissioner:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Tel: 0303 123 1113